Friday, March 03, 2006

Viewer Discretion Is Advised!


I never thought it could happen to me but alas I was asked to suck the marrow out of a sheep's leg bone. Some of the minority people around here are acustomed to eating every bit of the sheep including the marrow from the bone after they have eaten the bone itself clean. I've heard many stories about this practice but never been with my friends when they dine this way. Some people say that if you live long enough you can experience anything. This fateful evening, I was initiated into the next level of acceptance by sucking the marrow from this sheep bone. I'll spare you the rest of the details because the picture kind of speaks for itself. Just for the record, this was probably the most disgusting thing I've eaten in all of Asia. That includes eating dog twice. However, it made my friends feel really good and at home with me. I'm not sure why they were all laughing while I was doing this but for the sake of my pride I'll assume it's a cultural thing I just didn't catch. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is el grosso!!! -v

March 06, 2006  
Blogger Athena+ said...

Good thing you posted! I was about to take you off of my list of cool links to visit. :)

March 06, 2006  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

Sorry about being a bad blogger. I would commit to be better but you know me better than that.
Man there's nothin like feeling the pressure from the fans. I don't understand how Gary Coleman did it all those years.

March 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Itgigle, that sounds really gross!!! How did you do it!!!

March 07, 2006  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

Well Sean, I guess you could just say that I took one for the team.

March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry up and post something else, I can't stand looking at that picture every time I check your blog--way to be able to eat that though.

March 14, 2006  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

Ok, ok...I'm thinking of what I should post. I think I've got an idea.

March 14, 2006  
Blogger Bethany said...

my dearest curtis...your friend Kelly said that i should come for a visit, and that reminded me of how much i would like that...so, very very tentatively, what is you guys' schedule like this summer? maybe i could check it out...

March 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home