Thursday, June 05, 2008

He's Alive!!!!

Hey friends!! It's been forever since I lasted blogged. Not forever but like seriously over a year which in blogging years, that's forever. I just wanted to update you on what's going on with me cause some people may not know. I've just completed my first year of Seminary at Southwestern in Fort Worth where I'm studying Christian Counseling. It was a good year but like every transition, it took some getting used to. The biggest part of the transition was figuring out how to do community at that school. You would think that among a bunch of people that are studying to be better ministers and equipping themselves to love on people in some capacity it would be easy to meet people and build community. I was mistaken. I never seen so many tight lipped, socially awkward people congregated in one place. It was tough at first because I didn't feel like burning a ton of energy to bust grown ups out of their shells so that I could have conversations with them. Then by the time the second semester rolled around I finally busted out and started making people talk to me. God is good and I love the community I have there now. I've been blessed with a great group of brothers and sisters who are so fun to just chill with and to be deep with too. The program that I'm in is going pretty well. I've learned that I need to get a little more interested in the academic side of seminary life. I'm working part time for a Laundry Company that provides service to TCU which is right down the street from where I live. I basically transport laundry to and from a plant and provide customer service to the students that we serve. It's a very flexible job and allows me to study while I work most days so it's been a huge blessing. That's all I've got to say about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

Yay! You're back. This is great. I'm glad to hear you're shaking some people up.

June 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home