Saturday, September 17, 2005

Pimp My Ride

You know that you are pretty well used to the culture when you look around and admire a new bike as if it was a new car. OR even better, you see different kinds of bikes as you would take notice of a sedan you like or a sportier model. I catch myself looking at someone's bike from time to time while I'm waiting for the traffic light to change and thinking "His bike is so sweet", or "Dang it, that is a really great basket". Not real sure if that means I've been here too long or that I'm thinking like local. I have to stop and laugh at myself sometimes when I catch myself doing this. Especially when there is a really nice Audi A6 on the other side of the new bike I'm admiring but the Audi gets ignored. Wow, what have I become.

4 Comments:

Blogger joshlangston said...

hilarious, i can totally see this happening....

September 18, 2005  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

It is hilarious and I kind of hope it helps me not want to buy a great car that I can't afford once I'm back in the states. I keep thinking that I should put a picture of my pride and joy on here (my bike). My camera has been broken and in the shop for a while but as soon as I get it back I'll show you how I roll these days.

September 18, 2005  
Blogger Bethany said...

this reminds me of that scene in Napoleon Dynamite when he admires Pedro's bike...when he sees the pegs on the back he says "Lucky!"...so funny.

September 21, 2005  
Blogger Curt Hampton said...

That's kind of my thoughts too, Beth. I better not start admiring pegs. If I do, I'm quitting this work and coming home FAST.

September 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home