Monday, August 04, 2008

First Baptist Church of Los Alamos

This all began with a random moment of me looking for a summer job on my school's job board website. I ran across an ad for a general ministry intern at FBC Los Alamos, TEXAS. So I googled it to figure out where that was and it actually ended up being in New Mexico so I threw together a resume and emailed and then quickly spoke with the church over the phone and the rest is history now. I was soon on my way to this little city I'd never heard of.... Now 10 weeks later, I'm looking back over 10 of the best weeks I've had in life. This summer has been so great for many reasons. I'm very grateful to the church family here for taking me in and loving on me the way they have. I'm also grateful for the opportunity to have grown in a few ministry areas that I'm really terrible in. I got the opportunity to preach my first sermon, organize a pretty big community event at our church and I was charged with the responsibility of growing a group of young adults in their faith and walk. Man, I really intimidated by all these things but God was so good and I feel like He really allowed me to be a part of what He had already planned to do here this summer. So now that I'm at the end here I have nothing but wonderful memories, fantastic friendships, lots of good experience and confidence in what God is capable of inspite of my inabilities. It's gonna be good to get back to family in Texas but I already can't wait to get back up to the mountain to visit my LA family. Thanks for a fantastic summer guys.






Pastor Paul

Pastor Jamie (Associate Pastor)

Crystal & Sherry (Carol is not in the picture)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love that you had an amazing summer but i am so ready for you to get your crazy self back to ft worth!!! NOW!

August 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home