Thursday, June 05, 2008

Finally here


I'm here in Los Alamos and it's great so far. We have Vacation Bible School going on and that's always tiring but there are some stinkin cute kids here. They are having a ball too so I guess its all worth it.



I really like the staff that I'll be working with, they are very laid back and seem to enjoy laughing and jackin around as much as I do. It's kind of weird right now though because I just met them and so I don't want let my "hair" all the way down cause I want to appear professional too. Anyway, I've met several of the youth and I like them. On Tuesday nights I'll be leading a Bible study for the young adult group at home here in town. We had our first meeting last night and I absolutely love this group of kids. They all seem really special and likable in their own ways. I'm so looking forward to getting one on one with some of them and just loving on them and taking them deeper. It seems like most of them have a sincere desire to grow and engage the Word better so it's gonna be really cool to work with them. Hopefully they don't think I'm square. There are a couple of coffee shops in town here so I think I'll frequent those to hang out with people at because there is not many other options for that kind of thing.

The mountains and the views and the weather here is great so far. It gets chilly at night and the days are not that hot because there seems to be a pretty constant and reliable mountain breeze blowing. It's very dry here though so I'm using lots of lotion. We are about 7500 feet high so I've been trying to drink lots of water to deflect any health issues that could come up from transitioning to this altitude. No big problems so far but I've noticed a little difference in my breathing and then this afternoon I tried play some ridiculous Frisbee game with the youth group and dang near had a heart attack. So there is something to this altitude thing.

I think it's going to be a fun and challenging summer. I'll get to grow in some areas that I feel very weak in and also I'll get to do what I feel like I do best in meeting new people, building relationships and just loving on people. Stay tuned for more of the adventure...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to New Mexico!!!
So did the mariachi band play for you?

June 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home